Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Finding Atlantis

I have a bunch of posts I have partially completed, some that are as long as the one I posted yesterday which was actually thought out for about 5 minutes before I just brain dumped all over the place.  Anyways, I am going to try to get a bunch of those out today...so let's get on with it.
 
In honor of the title of the post... Check it out on Google Earth.  It looks pretty cool and seems like it is man made.  Of course, it will probably turn out to be nothing, but whatever, still looks intriguing.
 
The real story of the day is J.P Ricciardi doing this.  Why else would you trade away Alex Rios, who is having a subpar year, for...nothing.  His contract is steep, more than most teams would have paid him, but the White Sox walked away with a 28 year old outfielder who could go 20/20 with a .290/.340/.450 slash line and plus defense.  If Rios finds his groove again then Kenny Williams, like most GM's, made Ricciardi look like the sack of crap he is. The best part of the story is that Rios was just given away.  Sure the White Sox take a huge risk, but it's only money, and they gave up zero prospects.  Ricciardi actually was offered a trade from the White Sox for Rios and DECLINED.  Why get prospects for someone when you can get nothing at all? Why wouldn't you give up your best outfielder (Adam Lind doesn't count as he has DH's 3 times as much as he has played the field) when you held on to Roy Halladay because you were committed to making a run next year? What is the line on Ricciardi being gone before Halladay? 
 
Well you are not going to Queens next year J.P.... I am taking the Mets to win the NL East within 5 years if they kick out Minaya.  Probably within 3 years because this guy is all about sabermetric and  cost-benefit analysis.  We all know those are not Minaya's strong points...then again, I'm not sure what Minaya's strong points are.
 
Pedro To Start Wednesday. Jamie Moyer will now be operating out of the bullpen...until the Phillies realize that they signed Pedro and he cannot handle MLB hitters anymore.  Will he last longer than John Smoltz? My guess is no.
 
In a night of great achievements Troy Tulowitzki hit for the cycle, making him only the 2nd MLB player to both hit for the cycle and turn an unassisted triple play in his career. The other player is someone who I grew up watching, John Valentin.  Also, some outfielder with bad knees and a love for pitches out of the strike zone hit his 399th and 400th career home runs last night, the 400th won the game for the Angels.  I think Vlad will be in the HOF some day (unless he is penalized by his rapid decline).  He put up some sick numbers and has never been linked to steroids which will give him a major boost.  His comparables according to Baseball reference look like this...Larry Walker, Chuck Klein, Moises Alou, Juan Gonzalez, Joe DiMaggio, Albert Belle, Johnny Mize, Ellis Burks, Duke Snider, and Jim Edmonds.  4 of those guys are Hall of Famers. Anyways, I'm not sure why I am making this argument because I would be shocked if he didn't get in...shocked.
 
Ok, so I have to post this football story because I think this may be the single most revolting thing I have read this summer. I'm an NFL player and I don't need to be punished for DUI manslaughter. Ok, so maybe I did not quote Mr. Stallworth directly there, but come on, you get 30 days in jail for DUI Manslaughter and you want your sentence REDUCED? Why, because getting off with a slap on the wrist wasn't good enough? You think you have served your time? You didn't even spend 30 days in jail and now living in your mansion under house arrest is just too much for you to handle for a few months? Just for asking for his sentence to be reduced should be grounds to kick his ass out of the NFL.  Oh, but doesnt he deserve to earn an income? NO. If it was me behind the wheel of that car I would not be typing this because I would be in prison, sleeping with an eye open, trying to see if I can go around to High Schools to tell kids about the dangers of drinking and driving, and being a model inmate. If Donte Stallworth ever steps foot on an NFL field again I hope the uprights fall and smash his pea sized brain all over the field...a yard short of the endzone.
 
Well, like I said before, I am going to post some stuff during the day that I have been working on.  Why not, right? It's not like I have something else to do *pushes projects aside*........
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment